Job Openings at TNOYS:
Position Title: Policy and Evaluation Specialist
Location: Austin, Texas
The Policy and Evaluation Specialist provides support for TNOYS programs through the completion of policy research and analysis, literature reviews, data analysis, and program evaluation activities. Evaluation activities may include, but not be limited to, the development and administration of surveys, the facilitation of interviews and focus groups, the analysis of quantitative and qualitative data, and the writing of professional reports.
- Coordinate evaluation activities for TNOYS projects, including managing evaluation timelines, developing and administering survey instruments, analyzing data, and writing reports.
- Collect and analyze state-level data relevant to TNOYS programs and projects.
- Provide public policy support for TNOYS programs and initiatives, including policy research, policy analysis, the tracking of legislation, and the coordination of meetings and other programming at the State Capitol.
- Write evaluation reports, policy briefs, and other professional reports as appropriate, and contribute to communications pieces and grant reports.
- Develop relationships with TNOYS stakeholders and policymakers.
- Provide consultation services to youth service agencies, including evaluation services, as needed.
- Participate in staff meetings and other TNOYS programs and activities as appropriate.
- Represent TNOYS in a manner consistent with its values and uphold TNOYS Personnel Guidelines.
- Master’s degree or higher in Public Affairs, Social Work, or a related field.
- Ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships with clients/customers, consumers, policymakers, and other stakeholders.
- Exceptional writing skills and experience producing professional reports.
- Strong analytical skills, including analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Experience with survey development and interview/focus group facilitation.
- An understanding of the Texas legislative process.
- The ability to manage projects independently and ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to work well with a team and individually.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time appropriately to reach goals.
- Ability to travel as the position requires.
- Demonstrated commitment to TNOYS values.
Position Type: Full-time
Application Instructions: Please submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample to email@example.com.
Texas Network of Youth Services is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Job Openings at Member Organizations:
Job Opening: Foster Family Services Supervisor
CLOSING DATE: December 18th, 2014
ORGANIZATION: Boys Town Texas
Are you passionate about shaping the future of America’s Youth?
Boys Town Texas is changing the way America cares for children, families and communities by providing and promoting an Integrated Continuum of Care that instills Boys Town values to strengthen body, mind and spirit.
As our Supervisor of Foster Family Services in San Antonio Texas you will be responsible for supporting the coordination of all programmatic and clinical services for children placed in foster care and supervision of Foster Family Services staff. In this capacity, you will assist in developing and implement procedures, coordinate child referrals/intakes/placements as well as provide input on foster parent selection. For the foster parents, you will provide training, supervision, consultation as well as coordinate and monitor family evaluations and service plans. The Supervisor of Foster Family Services is responsible for supervision and evaluation of established procedures and develops new approaches for intervention as needed. In this role, you will be responsible for compiling, analyzing and submit reports as well as recommendations regarding the program. In the management of your direct reports, you will provide supervision, training and maintain on-call to be available to support and consult as needed.
As our Supervisor of Foster Family Services, you will be responsible for all activities required to screen, assess, and recruit potential Foster Parents and complete the required licensing paperwork. The Recruiter/Trainer will also coordinate, plan, and conduct training for foster families.
To be considered for this unique opportunity you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s degree in Social Work preferred
- 3-5 years of progressive child welfare experience; supervisory experience is preferred; Boys Town model or an equivalent program experience preferred
- Additional experience and education may be required by state regulation and law
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record, plus the ability to provide own transportation (mileage reimbursed) to complete travel requirements of the job.
- Must meet auto insurance requirements established by Boys Town policy and/or State and Local laws and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- This position is on-call during the week and rotationally on weekends to provide support and consultation to Foster Family Services staff.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends
- Advanced experience working with local/state agencies and foster care services.
- Intermediate knowledge of the child welfare system.
- Must be able to function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with children and families, staff, and support agencies.
- Demonstrate independent decision making skills and competencies to work in crisis situations when circumstances warrant such action.
- Necessary temperament to work with children and families experiencing crisis.
- Advanced critical-thinking and problem-solving skills, including ability to make assessments and use sound judgment.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, professionalism, and role modeling
- Ability to work with confrontational clients and their families.
- Applicants Bilingual in English and Spanish are not required, but preferred
The Boys Town mission has always been and always will be centered around creating an environment for children that includes trust, discipline, emotional support and respect. At Boys Town we believe that all children and youth have the potential to become bright, productive, adjusted, loving people.
Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. One of the country’s largest nonprofit, publically funded child-care organizations, Boys Town annually touches the lives of more than 400,000 boys, girls, parents and others nationwide through its highly effective services and programs.
If you are committed, passionate and feel you are qualified to take on a life-changing experience please apply at www.boystown.org/careers.
Boys Town is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, who participates in E-Verify. Boys Town assures equal employment opportunity to applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, religion, veteran’s status, or any other prohibited basis of discrimination, as required under applicable state and federal law. Boys Town provides reasonable accommodations for the known disabilities of applicants, unless to do so would cause an undue hardship.
Please contact us at 1-877-639-6003 to let us know if you are requesting an accommodation to complete the application process.
Job Opening: In-Home Family Service Consultant
CLOSING DATE: 12/22/2014 or until filled
ORGANIZATION: Boys Town Texas
OVERVIEW OF JOB
Boys Town Texas is seeking a Bilingual In-Home Family Services Consultant (spanish & english) based in San Antonio. As our In-Home Family Services Consultant you will provide in-home intervention to children and their families utilizing a skill based, solution focused model. Through the use of this model you will help families adopt positive solutions to problems through the teaching of parenting skills, independent living skills, behavior modification techniques, and accessing community resources and support. You will be responsible for providing screening and assessment to determine program eligibility, as well as identifying specific areas to address in service plans when applicable. As our In-Home Family Services Consultant you will be responsible for maintaining regular direct contact with families, as well as being on-call 24/7 to provide crisis intervention. You will monitor individual and family progress in attainment of predetermined goals, as well as provide regular review and updating of service plans as needed. This will include preparing and submitting written reports to document all service plans, recommendations, and any incidents that arise. As our In-Home Family Services Consultant you will work to develop and maintain effective working relationships with families and community service resources. Through providing training and support in the development of skills and accessing of community resources, you will promote family self-determination. As our In-Home Family Services Consultant you will utilize your own vehicle to travel to various meeting destinations with families and children, which may include their home, school, or other community organizations. You may also become a certified Common Sense Parenting Instructor and be responsible for training the curriculum in a classroom setting. Overall, as our In-Home Family Services Consultant your goal is to improve the youth and family’s social, emotional, and behavioral well-being.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Behavioral Sciences or Human Services related fields
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in spanish and english
- One to two years of experience working with children and families
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record, plus ability to provide own transportation with a valid auto liability insurance policy to complete travel requirements of the job
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of community resources and service providers in service area is a plus
- Flexibility and willingness to work days, evenings, weekends, holidays, and be on-call
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required of individuals so classified.
Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status. Boys Town is also an equal employment opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at 1-877-639-6003 if you need an accommodation to complete the application process.
Boys Town is an affirmative action employer and participates in the E-Verify program.