The following benefits apply to member agencies. Join online by clicking the link above or pay by check and mail in your application by downloading a TNOYS Agency Member Application.
Our Member Benefits:
ADVOCACY AND MOBILIZATION
- Advocacy for our members – TNOYS expends private, unobligated funds to ensure legislators and policymakers hear YOUR VOICE and the voices of the youth and families you serve. We work with lobbyists and provide expert testimony on behalf of our members concerning services needed by at-risk youth and their families.
- Mobilization of our members – We engage members in advocacy through advocacy training, campaigns, and events/lobbying days. Our united voice is among the most important purposes of a membership association.
- Bill tracking and notice of hearings – We will keep you abreast of actions needed on state legislation or policy.
- Representation on important committees, such as the Public Private Partnership for Foster Care Redesign.
- Collaboration with other advocacy organizations, such as our collaborative effort to survey PEI contractors, strengthens our voice in Austin and even at the federal level, for improved youth services.
FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES AND MEMBER DISCOUNTS
- Fee Reductions – Member agencies receive substantial discounts on training, technical assistance, and conference registration fees.
- Funding Announcements, including announcements for state, federal, and private funding opportunities.
- Fundraising Support via the opportunity to participate in a quarterly fundraising conference call or webinar with TNOYS’ Director of Development and Operations and fundraising staff at other TNOYS member agencies.
- Special Grant Funded Projects – Members benefit from participation in special grant-funded projects; value varies depending on projects funded at any given time. (e.g., Federal Domestic Violence grant offered 3 TNOYS members mini-grants of $5,000 per year for 2 years)
OPPORTUNITIES FOR ENGAGEMENT
- Regional Representatives on the TNOYS Board of Directors speak for members in their part of the state as they direct the actions of the network.
- Issue-specific task forces and committees, such as our Emergency Shelter Task Force.
- Special meetings and events, including regional meetings to help providers prepare for Foster Care Redesign and a happy hour at the annual Partners in Prevention conference hosted by DFPS.
- Participation in surveys that inform our legislative agenda, training offerings, and other program services.
MEMBER INFORMATION SERVICES
- Training and Consulting Services – Members get priority and discounts for our training and consulting services.
- Expert Support Services – Member agencies are eligible for limited free technical assistance by phone.
- The Latest Information – Members receive a variety of informational resources, including newsletters, funding announcements, training announcements, and access to a lending library.
- Staff Recruitment – We advertise job announcements at member agencies on our website at no charge.