We use our unique comprehensive systems change approach to focus in on seven key value areas that research indicates are key to achieving our vision of a healthy future for Texas.
- Prevent problems before they start by investing in proven Prevention and Early Intervention programs that help keep youth safely at home with their parents.
- Address challenging adolescent behaviors appropriately, based on research about adolescent brain development, to get to the root of the problem and prevent recurrence.
- Provide safe, nurturing living arrangements for young people who cannot remain at home with their parents.
- Offer services and supports for young adults who are homeless and on their own.
- Ensure that services for youth are trauma informed and do not inadvertently re-traumatize clients with histories of abuse or neglect.
- Support young people in challenging situations through the transition to adulthood.
- Promote Positive Youth Development and strengths-based principles, and work in partnership with youth.