The Call for Proposals for the 2021 TEHCY Program Summit is now open!
The following criteria will guide decisions about which workshop proposals are selected. Preference will be given to:
- Workshops that are interactive, experiential, and engaging;
- Workshops that offer opportunities for peer-based learning, problem-solving, and networking;
- Workshops that will equip attendees with concrete tools they can take back to their work and implement;
- Workshops that are data-driven, with innovative, evidence-based program models that can be replicated;
- Workshops that share best practices and/or utilize theory, such as positive youth development, two-generation approaches, youth-adult partnerships, and centering youth voice;
- Workshops that are from and appeal to a variety of districts and charter schools and educational service centers (ESCs) including small, mid-sized, large, urban, and/or rural districts and charter schools and ESCs;
- And to presenters who have substantial relevant professional experience and/or relevant personal lived experience.
Additionally, we especially welcome proposals that address the following topics:
- McKinney-Vento fundamentals, including identification, eligibility, enrollment, and transportation;
- Connecting to youth and family services, housing services, and other community providers and resources;
- Collaborating with community partners, state agencies, and other programs;
- School discipline, understanding the impact of trauma on student behavior, and implementing trauma-informed interventions;
- Supporting student’s mental health;
- Promoting academic success;
- Supporting students and families experiencing homelessness in small and rural communities;
- Advancing equity; including specific support for Black and brown students, LGBTQ+ students, and students with cross-systems involvement.
We will also be seeking proposals that address the full scope of homelessness under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act, including housing instability, substandard housing, unaccompanied youth, and family homelessness.
We plan to make all selections and notify presenters in early May. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please apply below: