Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Youth (CSEY) Statewide Collaboration Two-Part Meeting Series
November 20 in Austin
December 3 in San Antonio
In conjunction with the Texas Governor’s Office Child Sex Trafficking Team (CSTT), TNOYS is planning a two-part Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children (CSEY) Collaborative meeting in the coming months. This two-part CSEY collaboration will focus first on awareness and identification of survivors of Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Youth (CSEY) and second on the development and implementation of specialized services of survivors of CSEY. All youth service providers from across the state of Texas interested in learning more about CSEY service provision are invited to attend.
- Part 1 of the CST Collaborative will be held on Nov. 20, 2019, in Austin from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. SAFE Alliance will be hosting. A meeting of the Transitional Living Program/Supervised Independent Living Task Force will follow from 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Part 2 of the CSEY Collaborative will be held on Dec. 3, 2019, in San Antonio from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Roy Maas Youth Alternatives and San Antonio Area Foundation will be hosting. A meeting of the Emergency Shelter Task Force will follow from 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Part 1 objectives include:
- provide training on risk factors and early intervention of CSEY,
- CSE-IT screening tool and others tools used for client CSEY risk assessment/identification,
- highlight of the specialized CSEY service provided by the SAFE Alliance, and
- awareness of CSEY programming needs.
Part 2 objectives include:
- highlight of the specialized CSEY service provided by Roy Maas Youth Alternatives at Centro Seguro Drop-In Center,
- community collaboration to meet the needs of survivors of CST, such as BCFS’ Common Thread CST Advocate Program,
- navigation of CST funding from the Governor’s Office for expansion of services, and
- development and implementation of specialized services.
Detailed agendas for both meetings to follow. Click here to register for the meetings.
Webinar: Host Home Programs for Youth Experiencing Homelessness
Wednesday, November 20, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
This webinar will feature presenters from TNOYS, Texas Appleseed, and Texas Homeless Network, discussing host home programs for youth experiencing homelessness. Click here to register.
Strengthening Safety Nets Across Texas: A Convening to Protect Youth During Natural Disasters
Monday, December 2, 2019, 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
REJ Conference Center, 1501 Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78701
Natural disasters are on the rise globally and Texas tops the nation in natural disasters. Children, youth, and families who are displaced by natural disasters experience trauma and instability that heightens their risk of victimization and exploitation. Join us for a convening of child welfare providers, first responders, disaster relief agencies, policymakers, and other stakeholders from across Texas to share information on challenges and best practices for keeping children and youth safe during and after natural disasters.
Participants will have the opportunity to identify and share challenges, learn from experts on best practices, and brainstorm on how different systems and stakeholders can work together. Based on findings from this convening, as well as research and best practices for keeping children safe during and after natural disasters, TNOYS will identify and develop recommended policies, protocols, training content, and resources. This event is part of a project generously funded by Texas Children’s Justice Act Task Force. Click here to register.
Webinar: Understanding the Adverse Childhood Events (ACE) Study
Thursday, December 5th, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
We invite you to attend this training that reviews the concepts and results of the Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) Study, a decades-long landmark study looking at the relationship between traumatic childhood events and adult health and social problems. This webinar is being presented as part of a monthly training series co-hosted by TNOYS and Centene Corporation. Click here to register for this webinar as well as other webinars in this series.
Webinar: Hooked on a Feeling
Thursday, January 9th, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
This webinar will strengthen your ability to: Be able to list and define basic emotions, discuss the impact trauma has on emotional development, and identify how PACE Parenting can help children and teens deal with emotions. This webinar is being presented as part of a monthly training series co-hosted by TNOYS and Centene Corporation. Click here to register for this webinar as well as other webinars in this series.
SAVE THE DATE: TNOYS’ 37th Annual Conference on Services to Youth and Families
June 23-26, 2020
Westin Galleria, Houston
Professionals and youth are invited to join us for TNOYS’ Annual Conference, which will feature interactive workshops, inspiring keynote presentations, and fun events and activities to help attendees strengthen their skills to serve Texas’ youth. Visit our conference web page for more details.