Starting in fall 2018, Texas Network of Youth Services, Texas Homeless Network, and Texas Homeless Education Office will be working in partnership with all regions of Texas affected by Hurricane Harvey (excluding Harris County) to support schools and community-based organizations in meeting the needs of homeless youth and families displaced by the storm.
Support will include:
- Training and technical assistance offered to school personnel and community service providers
- Grants to help community-based organizations increase their capacity to better meet the need
We are excited to be building and strengthening our relationships with school and community stakeholders in these areas.
Applications for grants and training are now available!
Please click below to learn more and apply for grants and training and technical assistance:
Trainings are now open for registration
Safety Nets for Students and Families is offering a series of trainings in locations along the Gulf Coast during the month of December. The goal is to help strengthen collaboration among those working to support homeless students and families and to share overviews of principles important to this work, such as youth legal rights and Trust-Based Relational Intervention.
See the list of trainings below, along with links to register:
- December 6, 2018, Victoria: Strengthening Collaboration for Homeless Students and Families – Click here to learn more and register
- December 12, 2018, Beaumont: Addressing Trauma, Strengthening Collaboration for Homeless Students and Families – Click here to learn more and register
- December 13, 2018, Richmond: Strengthening School-Community Collaborations to Support Homeless Students and Families – Click here to learn more and register
- December 14, 2018, Corpus Christi: Crisis Intervention and Solution-Focused Case Management to Support Homeless Students/Families – Click here to learn more and register
- December 18, 2018, Texas City: Addressing Trauma, Legal Rights, and Supporting Collaboration for Homeless Youth – Click here to learn more and register
Safety Nets for Student Families is a joint project of: