TNOYS is committed to providing quality, affordable training for youth services professionals, to ensure they are armed with the skills and resources to help our state’s youth lead healthy, fulfilling lives. TNOYS also provides technical assistance to support organizations in areas including program development and organizational culture change. There are three primary avenues through which professionals and organizations can access TNOYS’ training and technical assistance services:
TNOYS staff, youth partners, and our network of contracted trainers have expertise on a variety of topics that are critical to effectively serving vulnerable youth and families. We work to incorporate cutting-edge research- and evidence-based practices into our interactive training and technical assistance offerings, and to assist you with integrating learnings into your program and day-to-day work.
Past training topics have included:
- Nuts and bolts skills, including cultural competency, ethics, crisis intervention, Trauma Informed Care, normalcy, avoiding burnout, and more.
- Evidence-based practices, including Solution-Focused Brief Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, and Trust-Based Relational Intervention (TBRI®).
- Our Recovery Through Participation program, which integrates research on Positive Youth Development, youth resiliency, and youth voice with research on Trauma Informed Care.
- Our Creating a Culture of Care program, which utilizes SAMHSA’s evidence-based Six Core Strategies model to support organizations with integrating principles of Trauma Informed Care to reduce use of seclusion and restraint practices.
- Our PEAKS experiential learning model, which integrates Positive Youth Development principles with highly interactive activities that can be used with youth or to strengthen staff teamwork
- Special topics
We are a trusted training source for professionals across the state. Hear what they have to say: