TNOYS’ AmeriCorps Program connects young adults who have lived expertise with professional development and employment opportunities at TNOYS member organizations across Texas.
Lived experience is defined as someone who has faced homelessness, foster care, juvenile justice, mental health, or involvement in other social service systems. In addition to creating employment opportunities, the program is a unique opportunity for young adults with lived experience to build professional development skills within the systems that impact or have impacted them.
AmeriCorps members serve at the following TNOYS member organizations:
- Communities in Schools of the Coastal Bend (Corpus Christi)
- El Paso Center for Children (El Paso)
- Harris County Resources for Children and Adults- Youth Services Division (Houston)
- Harris County Resources for Children and Adults- HAY Center (Houston)
- Parks Youth Ranch (Richmond)
- Promise House (Dallas)
Learn more about the amazing young adults leaders in the AmeriCorps program here. If you know of young adults who may wish to apply for the next cohort, please subscribe to TNOYS’ newsletter to receive announcements: tnoys.org/subscribe.
We are now accepting applications for the 2022-2023 program year. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Click the link below to complete your preliminary application— we’ll reach out with next steps.