As part of Safety Nets for Students and Families, we are offering free training and technical assistance to any schools or community-based organizations in the project regions (excluding Harris County) that serve or support children, youth, and families who are homeless or have experienced homelessness as a result of Hurricane Harvey.
TNOYS and our partner organizations have a range of offerings, including (but not limited to), the following. These can be included as a training event of part of individualized consultation with your team:
- Identifying homeless students/youth
- Strengthening working relationships between schools community service providers (including meeting local providers/staff, understanding services/eligibility, and thinking strategically together)
- Understanding McKinney-Vento legislation and requirements and how it can support homeless students and families
- The legal rights of unaccompanied homeless youth
- TBRI model (Trust-Based Relational Intervention, an evidence-based, trauma-informed practice from TCU)
- Crisis intervention techniques
- Positive youth development/building alliances with youth
- Solution-focused case management
- Understanding and working with people affected by trauma
If you are interested in receiving training and technical assistance, please fill out and submit the form below.
Safety Nets for Students and Families Training + Technical Assistance Request
Thank you for providing information about your organization, needs, and work to support students and families experiencing homelessness as a result of Hurricane Harvey. We will be back in touch within 1-2 weeks! Contact us at SafetyNets@tnoys.org with any questions and a member of our team will be in touch.