TNOYS’ 38th Annual Conference takes place Thursday, June 10 and Friday, June 11, with pre-conference institutes taking place Tuesday, June 8. The schedule is outlined below:
Tuesday, June 8: Pre-Conference Institutes and Networking
- 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.: Pre-Conference Institutes (times are approximate)
- Pre-Conference Institute #1: The Equity Chair for Leadership Teams
- Pre-Conference Institute #2: Youth Thrive Training
- Pre-Conference Institute #3: Commercial Sexual Exploitation-Identification Tool (CSE-IT) User Training (Please note: this pre-institute is only open to conference registrants.)
- Pre-Conference Institute #4: Trust-Based Relational Intervention (TBRI)®
- 4:30 p.m. – 5:30p.m.: Networking Event
Thursday June 10: Full Conference Day 1
- 9:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.: Welcome + Keynote
- 10:15 a.m. – 10:35 a.m.: Break/Exhibit Hall
- 10:35 a.m. – 12:05 p.m.: Workshops
- 12:05 p.m. – 1:05 p.m.: Lunch on Your Own
- 1:05p.m. – 2:35 p.m.: Workshops
- 2:35 p.m. – 2:50 p.m.: Short Break
- 2:50 p.m. – 3:50 p.m.: Workshops
- 3:50 p.m. – 4:10 p.m.: Short Break
- 4:10 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.: General Session: Screening + Panel Discussion
Friday June 11: Full Conference Day 2
- 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.: Workshops
- 10:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.: Break/Exhibit Hall
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Workshops
- 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.: Lunch on Your Own
- 1:30 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.: Activity + Keynote
- 2:45 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.: Short Break
- 3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.: Workshops
Stay tuned for more details on the Annual Conference agenda and featured speakers. If you have question in the meantime, please email email@example.com.
Toshia Shaw, MBA, MSW
Toshia Shaw is a human services professional specializing in behavioral health, holistic mental health, energy-mind-body healing, and social justice. Toshia founded Purple W.I.N.G.S., a trauma-informed mentoring program specifically for commercially sexually exploited youth (CSEY) and adolescent survivors of sex trafficking and violence. Toshia is also CEO of Empress of Om, an energy healing and trauma-informed life coaching company. As the Program Director for the Embracing Project, Toshia operates Las Vegas’ only drop-in center for survivors of CSEY and violence ages 12-21. She is currently in the process of opening a transitional home for CSEY survivors ages 16-21 years old.
Toshia holds a Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, an MBA in Healthcare Administration, and a Master’s degree in Social Work. In her downtime, you can find her leading a hiking meditation in the mountains of NV, AZ, and Utah. She currently resides in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Featured Screening: BOYS Documentary
Join us for an exclusive screening of BOYS, a documentary that brings awareness to male survivors of commercial sexual exploitation. Chris and Anna Smith joined forces with Kartal Peel to travel across the United States to film BOYS Documentary and bring validity to the truth that males are survivors of sex trafficking.
Boys Documentary tells the narrative of male sex trafficking through the voices of four brave men and a collection of allies who stand with them in solidarity.
Stay tuned for updates to the conference schedule and list of featured speakers! Register for the conference here.